Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Busy busy busy!!





Hi everyone! I am going to try and do better about posting, since I have been on Pinterest so much and have found so many delicious recipes I figure I should share my favorites!! A little update: nothing new haha! We are in the middle of Easter Pageant, and I LOVE it! Jason is... well, tired. He says he enjoys it too :) I encourage all to come!!  Tonight come and enjoy a smaller crowd than on regular nights. See it in English at 7 and in Spanish at 8:30! Come enjoy the beautiful story of our Savior's life and Atonement. The entire pageant  is taken from the King James Version of the New Testament- so anyone will enjoy it!

English Performances : March 28-29, April 3-7

Spanish Performances:  March 30-31

All performances start at 8:00 p.m.

Location:  North lawn of the Mesa LDS Temple Visitors Center on Main St. between Mesa Dr. and Stapley

Without further ado, here's our first recipe! 

This Ham and Potato Casserole is DELICIOUS! I made in on Saturday for dinner, and Jason couldn't get enough. Be careful though, I barely sprinkled on the red pepper flakes and it was almost too spicy for me :) I wanted to make the original recipe but I got home and realized I didn't have half of the ingredients. Really, it was even better (and healthier) this way!

adapted from here. Laura at Real Mom Kitchen has LOTS of amazing recipes- browse her site!!

Ham and Cheese Potato Casserole

·         1 can (10-3/4 ounces ) condensed Campbell's 97% Fat Free cream of celery soup, undiluted 

·         1 can (use the soup can) Milk (must be Dairy!)

·         1/4 teaspoon pepper

·         1.5 pounds Red boiling potatoes

·         1 cup gated mild cheddar

·         1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham

·         1/2 tsp red pepper flakes


In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, cheese and ham. Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 8-in. baking dishes.  Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yields 4 servings. Can double for a 9-in. x 11 in. pan!

To freeze casserole: Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.  Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed.


No comments: