I love to read the adventures of other newlyweds. We have passed the six month mark, and still love every minute of our marriage! I figured that since I don't see many of my readers often I'd share this funny story.
Prologue: I haven't been sleeping well for awhile and have been trying various remedies to fix this. So far we have tried Tylenol PM, Sleep Aids, Benedryl, melatonin and now Valerian.
Last night I tried Valerian for the second time. The stuff is AMAZING- I have never slept better in my life. I don't get that drugged or sleepy feeling but I drift off gently and I sleep like a log. I wake up super refreshed and alert too. I took it around 1am, since I couldn't fall asleep. Jason has been working nights this week, getting home around 4:30am. Usually when I know he is coming I leave my ringer on so I can unlock the padlock on the door when he gets home. I left my ringer on, and went to sleep around 2. At 3:50ish I got woken up out of a dead sleep to what I thought was my window blinds rattling against the glass (when the windows are open and the wind blows it makes this horrible rattling noise like someone is shaking the window trying to open it!) It scared the CRAP out of me, especially because it had woken me so rudely, so I walked to the window to shut it. When I reached the window I heard "Open the door!" from below. I thought to myself "What the... what is Jason already doing home?" Well... he'd been home since 3:30am. He'd gotten off work early and had called my phone 29 times to wake me, pounded on the door for 15 minutes, thrown rocks at my window and then finally had to resort to getting his fishing pole out of his truck and banging it against the window to wake me up. I was still shaking really bad when I made it to the door to let him in. I felt so bad when he said he was worried about me. He thought I was either dead or not home. I had to laugh, though, when he mentioned that he half expected to see a guy come sneaking down the stairs out of our apartment due to my lack of response to his calls, so he watched the staircase while he banged on the window. Poor Jason was almost going to resort to sleeping in his truck until I woke up. After last night, he says I'm not allowed to take the Valerian when he's working because it puts me into a coma hahaha Oh man, I love our crazy life together. We lose so much sleep from staying up late giggling like idiot teenagers at a sleep over. Sorry neighbors, I don't mean to laugh so loudly! I love him so stinking much.
And since Jason is telling all of his friends this other incident, I better come clean and just announce it so no one will make fun of me to my face haha The other day we were watching X-Men, whatever the first movie is. Sorry, I've never seen any of them. At the end, one of the heroes gets shot in the back and announces that he can't feel his legs. I turned to Jason and said "Babe does that mean he's retarded in the rest of the movies?" Oh geez, Jason just blinked and started laughing hysterically. "No! Wait, I mean paraplegic, no, PARALYZED!" Too late. He had to call one of his friends and share the story. Looking back, it is pretty hilarious. I swear I have gotten stupid since I met him. I am so far off in la la land that he will never know the genius that is my true self- just the "special" side. Sidenote: I did not mean "retarded" in a bad way. I don't like that word and try not to use it in a derogatory sense. I tried to say "handicapped" but that didn't come out either. Go me.
I hope you're all laughing now :) More stories to come as the adventures unfold.
In other news, we are now looking for a house. We had a Realtor, but as nice as she was, she just wasn't someone we felt comfortable house hunting with. We are working with a woman in Jason's parents' ward and so far she is pretty awesome. We'll keep you updated!!
Love,
Suzie Garner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment