Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Year :)

I am a slacker. I need to tell you all that we have been married more than a year now :) Wow, this year has flown by! Since we've been married we have both gotten new jobs, started looking for a house, and have talked about expanding our family. It has been a roller coaster ride for sure, but what an amazing ride!! Life has been pretty stressful as of late; we have been dealing with some health issues and trying to patiently wait on news of our hopefully soon-to-be house. We should hear back from the bank sometime next week to confirm that it is ours. I can't wait to take this next step in our marriage- finally having a home of our own to decorate and remodel any way we want! Hopefully, within the next few months we will be able to announce that we have the house, and with any luck maybe some more exciting news. Who knows?! (I can wish right?) I have to say that I have the most amazing, attentive, wonderful husband. He has to put up with my crazy mood swings, my completely irrational fears and my impatience. I'm fairly certain that he is going to get a straight ticket to the Celestial Kingdom for having to deal with me haha. Here's a little timeline of our lives so far:

Sometime in 2009: We were at a bonfire together, and didn't even know it. I found a video of a bonfire I went to and Jason pointed out that most of the people in the video (who I didn't know) were the guys he was there with. Go figure! That, and Thatcher, were the start of my love of bonfires.

April 29, 2011: We officially met at a singles carnival. I thought he was hot, and he was teaching some people to rope (so sexy!!!). I knew his buddy Chad, so I went over and started chatting with him in hopes that dreamboy would come over and say hi. After a few hours of shameless flirting, I told Jason that he should add me to Facebook. He said he never really got on it. REJECTION... But later that night, he did add me :)

May 21, 2011: Our first date, we went to a Diamondbacks game, and he danced with me in line waiting to buy tickets. In public. In 100+ degree weather. See why I love him?

August 5, 2011: He proposed! I said yes! (We had already signed the papers for an apartment, purchased the honeymoon and reserved the date with the Temple haha!!!)

October 7, 2011: We were sealed for Time and all Eternity in the Mesa, AZ Temple. What a beautiful day! We had a Giving Away ceremony that morning (I wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle) and got married that afternoon. I could not have been happier that day!!

November 2011: Decided that it was time to start trying to have a baby. Little did we know....

January 2012: We take a trip to Sedona for the weekend and relax! It was awesome!

February 2012: Started looking for a house!

April 2012: Still not pregnant... went to the Dr. who told me to "work on my relationship with the man upstairs." Ran bloodwork, all came back normal. FRUSTRATED!!

June 2012: Go see another Dr. for second opinion... turns out I have endometriosis. (I had suspected this since I was 15, old Dr. kept swearing I didn't have it!) He recommends surgery, but he isn't on my insurance plan, so he graciously offers to call my old Dr. and discuss it with him.

June 29, 2012 We attend my family reunion at the cabin in Flagstaff. Our second visit there :)

July 4, 2012: Initiated into the Carpenter clan officially by attending 4th of July in Heber. A yearly tradition, and it is awesome :)

July 27, 2012: We travel to Washington, and I get to see what Jason fell in love with. The place is GORGEOUS!!! I could see us retiring there, or maybe having a summer home. I love it!

August 2012: FINALLY get my surgery, no thanks to old Dr. He kept dragging his feet and had to reschedule twice.

September 7, 2012: FINALLY got an offer accepted. Waiting on the bank!

September 2012: Go in for follow up after surgery, Dr. blows off my questions. Jason is angry and decides it is time for a new Dr.

October 5, 2012: Meet Dr. Layton- I instantly know that THIS is the guy who can help us!! He is PISSED that I can't answer his questions about the surgery because of my old Dr. He orders more tests for Jason and me, and requests us back in two weeks (almost unheard of to get in that quick to my old Dr.) to discuss "the plan." (I LOVE that he calls it a plan.) No news on the house... Tests all come back negative... we modify "the plan" and agree to meet back up in three months if nothing happens.

So, here we sit. Waiting on "the plan," and the house. We were told this week that we should know something on the house by end of next week, so I will keep you posted! I'm sorry for the long, drawn out timeline; this is kind of a journal too for me :)

One year down... forever to go! I am so happy and blessed to be married to my best friend. Every day really is a new adventure and I feel like we have learned and grown so much. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! Love you Jason!!









1 comment:

Holly Decker said...

thanks so much for the recommendation for that blog! i loved it, and you are too sweet.
motherhood is daunting, but i know that you will be a great mom when your time comes.

i was just thinking about my life the other day and how if someone would have told me that i was going to have four kids in four years i would have screamed and ran away. i was thinking about how overwhelmed i used to be to just take ONE kid to the store, and now i juggle four. the fact of the matter is, God will help you learn and grow along the way and YOU CAN DO IT! i love you, suz. thanks for being my lifelong friend :)

xo